Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Zoey's 1st Birthday


I wasn't able to be with my little Zoey for her first birthday,which was sad for me. I have empty arms that long to hold her and Whitney, but I don't get to do a lot of things that I would love to do.

I did have an unusually experience on Friday night. About 9:30 I received a call from Becky Wood, I had been to her home during the day to drop off brownie for a bake sale they were having for her daughter Lynsey who has cancer. I told Becky that I had a baby crib and if she needed anyone to tend Lynsey's baby I would be happy too. Becky said that the whole bunch of them were very tired and not feeling well and Lynsey had, had a treatment the day before and they had, had it. She asked if I would take the baby. I was surprised and a bit worried because I wasn't ready to go to Sarah's for a week and was ironing and packing but I said sure I would love to. I had to leave by 9:00 the next morning to get to Tooele and take Dan and Sarah to the airport by noon.

Little Jane arrived and was a beautiful baby with the full head of hair in pig tails. I hadn't ever seen her before. She is three months old and had the sweetest smile. I felt rusty as a new mother but Jane and I settled in with bottles, burping and diapers. I love how cuddly and cute little ones are. It was such a blessing to me to have that sleep over with Jane. Not much sleep but a special feeling of well being. It's funny how when we think we are going to be the one that serves we always end up being served. I didn't get to hold my own little grand daughters but my arms were filled and so was my heart. Thank you Little Miss Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment